Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Music is the best means we have of digesting time

Chanticleer, December 2007 "The kind of music I want to continue hearing after I am dead is thekind that makes me think I will be capable of hearing it then." SarahManguso, "Hell" From 12 round mouths and 24 mirrored halves of vocal cords, muscled flaps banging together and then apart at 440 times a second, Ave Maria, let it be done unto me. Breaking the seal between life and death between air and not air between believing and not believing oh break the seal at 440 times a second, Ave Maria, let it be done unto me. An elderly man sitting down the pew is not afraid to cry for who is worthy to be here who is worthy to hear these notes as pure as robin's eggs held together in gorgeous unease, the flapping of the angel's wings, at 440 times a second Ave Maria, let it be done unto me.

No comments: