Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Day in the Life

Today I woke up. I spent the whole morning looking for grad schools. I just don't know where I want to go, what I want to do. Psychology? Theology? English? These are my big academic passions right now. It's funny because I feel like I am finally entering a time in my life where I'm ready to learn. And now I'm graduating. One day I would love to write a book I think. I would love to be the kind of person who has life-giving things to say to others. Dishes. Prayer group. Class. Lunch. Guitar practice. Karen! (whom I love dearly). Reading "The God Delusion." Improv workshop. I was a Chinese woman named Mrs. Springfragrance who was very shy, but witnessed a Chile's being burned down and had to testify on a talk show. Working out with Katheryn and Abercrombie and Fitch model (last time I saw him, he was on a huge billboard in London.) I shouldn't refer to him like that, but it is a defining characteristic nonetheless. It is always awkward when you are running on a treadmill next to someone who is a much better athlete, but the stakes gets raised even higher in this kind of situation. Fortunately I didn't care too much so I sweated and panted it out anyway. It is difficult enough trying not to think about the red-lit numbers: 34.2 calories….34.6 calories….34.8 calories…..etc, etc. My mind is so undisciplined! I came back and talked to my roommates and practiced my dance. I ate a potato. Tomorrow is my first day working at my internship with an autistic girl named Emily. I am really nervous. My life is really full of good things right now and I feel really thankful. May the things we learn in the light stay with us when we travel into darker times.

No comments: